Official Full Rules — Final
KIDFEST MODEL SEARCH CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. ELIGIBLITY: Open only to legal residents of AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA and WV who are 18 (19 in AL) years of age or older as of 8/10/13, who have a child from the ages of 5 through 10, (“Eligible Entrant”). Employees of Belk, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers involved in this promotion (“Promotional Participants”), and each of their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister and spouse’s of each) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Void outside AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW IT WORKS: In person at a participating Belk store celebrating Kidfest on 8/10/13, Eligible Entrants will complete an Entry Form with his/her full name, address, city, state, ZIP, date of birth, day and alternate phone numbers, the name of the child and the childâs age and submit a photo (“Entry”) of his/her child. Photo must be no larger than 5x7, must be of the child only and will not be returned. The Entry will be use for judging purposes only. See Rule #5 for judging criteria.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any Entry or related materials, request additional information and to disqualify any Entrant whose participation may subject the Contest or Promotion, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule. By entering, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and their respective affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, copy, publish, post, display, adapt, exhibit, edit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) the Entrant's entry, as well as to use Entrant's child’s name, likeness, photograph (collectively, “Likeness”), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's childâs name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsorâs use of the entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the entry or Entrant’s Likeness or statements. Entrant must be a parent or legal guardian of the child depicted in the photo. Photo must be taken by Entrant, unpublished and may not have won any previous prize or award. Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that: 1. must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. 2. is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity; 3. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; 4. is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries; 5. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies; 6. contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission; 7. contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission; 8. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or 9. violates any law.
4. LICENSE FOR USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting a Entry, each Entrant grants, and represents and warrants that the Entrant has the rights and authority necessary to grant, Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable license and right to exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the Entry and all elements of such Entry, including, without limitation, the photo and the likenesses in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party. You further represent and warrant that you did not work with parties in conjunction with your Entry who are: (i) represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agency or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display your Entry in any media form; (ii) subject to an acting or modeling contract that would make your/their appearance in the Entry a violation of any third-party rights; or (iii) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent Sponsor from being able to use the Entry worldwide in all media in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment or fee obligations. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties.
5. ENTRY LIMIT: One (1) Entry per person and per eligible child per household. For Entrants who are the parent or legal guardian of more than one (1) eligible child, the entry process must be completed separately for each eligible child.
6. FINALIST JUDGING: On or about 8/10/13 at each participating Belk store, a qualified panel of Judges (“Judges”) selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion will judge all eligible Entries submitted. All Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (1) 34% personality; (2) 33% smile; (3) 33% attitude. One (1) boy and one (1) girl receiving the top scores at each participating Belk store will progress to the final round of judging, subject to verification. In the event of a tie of total score between two (2) or more of the same sex Finalists, the Finalist with the highest score for Criteria 1 will be selected to the final round of judging. If a tie remains thereafter, the Finalist with the highest score for Criteria 2 will be selected to the final round of judging. Decisions of the judges are final.
7. GRAND PRIZE JUDGING: On or about 8/30/13, a qualified panel of Judges selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion will judge Finalists. All Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (1) 34% overall appearance; (2) 33% personality; (3) 33% attitude. One (1) boy and one (1) girl Finalist receiving the top scores will be declared the potential Grand Prize winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie of total score between two (2) or more of the same sex Finalists, the Finalist with the highest score for Criteria 1 will be declared a potential winner (“Winner”). If a tie remains thereafter, the Finalist with the highest score for Criteria 2 will be declared a potential Winner. Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by phone or mail. Decisions of the judges are final.
8. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): (2) Grand Prizes â 3 day/2 night trip for winner and his/her child to a Sponsor selected U.S. city for a photo shoot. Trip includes round trip coach airfare from a major airport near winnerâs residence to Sponsor selected city for winner and his/her child, 3 day/2 night hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), transportation to/from airport/hotel, $400 spending money, a $500 Belk childrenâs wardrobe and the opportunity to be in a Belk catalog. ARV: $3,100. (Actual retail value will depend on airfare fluctuations and winner's point of departure/return. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded). All other travel-related expenses, including but not limited to meals, ground transportation not specified, luggage fees, gratuities and incidental hotel and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner and his/her child must travel on the same itinerary. Accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. There is no monetary value to the photo shoot or the Belk catalog. Winners and his/her child must be able to travel to Sponsor selected city in November 2013. If a potential winner lives within 150 miles of Sponsor selected city, a travel stipend of $300 will be awarded in lieu of airfare and transportation. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 10/30/13, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: KidFest Model Search Contest Winners List, PO Box 27154, Golden Valley, MN 55427-0175 to be received by 9/30/13.
11. SPONSOR: Belk, Inc. 2801 W. Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC 28217.