Taking pride in who we are.
Tim Belk, Chairman and CEO created the Belk Innovation in Diversity Award in 2008 during his leadership tenure as the Chairman of Charlotte's Chamber of Commerce. Diversity and Inclusion was one of his 5 primary objectives, encouraging area businesses (regardless of their size) to recognize the business imperative for increasing diversity and making Charlotte a more inclusive business community.
Charlotte Innovation in Diversity Award Winners:
- 2010 – Carolinas HealthCare System
- 2009 – Balfour Beatty Construction
- 2008 – Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP
The Belk Innovation in Diversity Award was expanded in 2009 to the company's western division headquarters, Birmingham in sponsorship of the Birmingham Diversity Summit… the largest Diversity Forum for businesses and community organizations to share opportunities for expanding diversity and inclusion programs within Alabama.
Birmingham Innovation Award Winners:
- Manpower – Innovation in Diversity and Inclusion – Large Corporation
- Projects Unlimited, Inc – Innovation by a Small Business
- Trinity Design Group – Innovation in Growth And Expansion
- My Scoop Media, Inc – Innovation in Achievement in a Niche Industry (Woman Owned)
- o2ideas, Inc – Lifetime Achievement Award & Diversity and Inclusion