Welcome to Belk, belk.com, Belk tablet and smartphone apps.
Use of Our Platforms, Belk's License to You to Use belk.com
Belk, Inc., along with its subsidiaries ("Belk"), jointly grant you permission to view and use the Platforms and to print individual pages from any Platform for your personal, non-commercial use.
Product Information and Ordering from the Platforms Unless indicated otherwise, most products featured on the Platforms will be available in selected Belk stores while supplies last. Not every item in a Belk store is offered for sale on the Platforms. The prices displayed on our Platforms are quoted in U.S. dollars and are valid and effective only in the United States. When ordering from the Platforms, please follow all ordering instructions carefully.
Prices may vary across Belk-affiliated channels (i.e., Belk stores, belk.com, Belk app for iPhone, Belk app for Android, Belk tablet app). It is our goal to display the most accurate prices possible; however, if you notice an inconsistency, please consult belk.com.
Belk has made a conscientious effort to display its products on the Platforms accurately so that you can get a good idea of the color, design, texture, sizes, look and configuration of the product featured. However, the detail and accuracy of the image of products that you see as a visitor to the Platforms will depend on a number of things, including your computer equipment and Internet connections. Consequently, Belk cannot and does not guarantee that the product images available to you on its website are accurate in every detail.
Purchasing from the Platforms
Most of the products featured on the Platforms can be purchased by you online. When ordering, please follow the instructions carefully. If you ever have a question about any order you have made from the Platforms please contact Belk by email under "Contact Us" on our Customer Service page on any Platform or by phone at 1-866-235-5443.
Belk will send you a confirmation email of any order you place on the Platforms; however, your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not necessarily signify Belk's acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of Belk's offer to sell. Belk reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Belk reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Belk may require additional verifications or information before accepting your order. Belk is a seller to end user customers and does not accept orders from exporters, wholesalers, or other customers who intend to resell the products offered by Belk.
Belk will automatically charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within the following states: AL, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, IL, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI and WV. Each customer will be solely responsible for all sales taxes, use taxes or other taxes on orders shipped to any other state.
South Carolina residents who are age 85 or older are entitled to a 1% South Carolina state sales tax reduction if requested on items purchased for personal use. Upon customer request, Belk will accommodate the sales tax reduction after the transaction is completed on any Platform. Please call 1-866-235-5443 to request the sales tax reduction. Be prepared to reference your order number and provide proof of your age.
Belk Owns the Contents of the Platforms
Disclaimer. Users assume all responsibility and risk for the use of the Platforms and the Internet generally. All information and materials provided on the Platforms are provided "as is," without any express or implied warranty or representation of any kind, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of intellectual property. You acknowledge, by your use of the Platforms, that your use is solely at your own risk. In no event will Belk be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, any special, indirect or consequential damages or damages resulting from loss of use of data, or profits, or business interruption) arising out of the use of or inability to use the content of the Platforms or any website linked thereto, even if Belk has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Belk does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, and other items contained on the Platforms. This disclaimer does not apply to any product warranty offered by the manufacturer of the item. Warranty information regarding any products offered for sale on the Platforms is available through the vendor/manufacturer that made the product. Please contact the vendor/manufacturer for any questions or concerns. Thank you. This section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.
Limitation of Liability. In no event will Belk’s, or any of our employees, directors, officers, or agents be liable to any party for any general, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages for use of the Platforms including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement, business interruptions, loss of data or damages resulting from, arising out of, or in any way connected with the use of or inability to use the Platforms or reliance on the content in the Platforms. This limitation of liability applies to all claims based in law, equity, contract, negligence, strict liability, tort, or otherwise. This section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain damages, so the above may not apply to you. If any authority holds any portion of this section to be unenforceable, then liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Indemnification by You
The Platforms are controlled and operated by Belk from its offices in Charlotte, North Carolina. This agreement will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to any conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising by virtue of your use of the Platforms or any material found thereon will be resolved exclusively by, and you hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of, the state and federal courts in the State of North Carolina.
When placing an order on the Platforms once you click submit we are unable to cancel your order at that time. However, once you have received your order, if you are in any way dissatisfied, you can choose one of our two easy and convenient ways to make a return. Please see our Return Policy to find out which way is best for you.
Any product rebate offer given to you with your purchase is provided by the manufacturer, not Belk. The manufacturer is responsible for any terms and conditions and effective dates of the rebate offer. Please note: It is standard to provide a proof of purchase and the Universal Product Code from the original packaging and postage before you will receive redemption of any rebate offer provided by the manufacturer.
At Belk, it is our goal to make sure our pricing is accurate at all times. However, in the event there is a pricing or product description error, Belk reserves the right to fix any of these inaccuracies. To find out more, please see our Pricing Policy.
By sharing photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest with the hashtag #BelkYes, or by responding to Belk photo rights request with the hashtag #BelkYes, you are agreeing to the following:
You own all rights in the content you post or share using the Site (referred to as “User Content”), such as when you post or share comments, photos, and videos. As used herein, “Site” includes, without limitation, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media channels.
You grant to Belk a perpetual and irrevocable license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and otherwise use the User Content in connection with the Site and for all other Belk marketing purposes, including but not limited to its websites, mobile apps, blogs, third party websites, third party mobile apps, social media sites and similar technology platforms (collectively, the “Platforms”), catalogs, e-mail and other customer communications, store materials, and other marketing media. As such, Belk may, inter alia, display advertisements, web pages and social media content incorporating your User Content, and we may use your User Content to otherwise advertise and promote Belk. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. Our license to your User Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our present or future use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world. Moreover, our license is perpetual, meaning that our license has no expiration.
You represent and warrant that: You own all rights to the User Content or, alternatively, you have the right to grant Belk all rights described above; you have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments or liabilities that may arise from Belk’s use of the User Content; and the User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
Belk may refuse to accept, use or transmit User Content for any reason.
Belk may remove User Content from its Platforms, catalogs, e-mail and other customer communications, store materials, and other marketing media, for any reason.
Belk Owns Information, Suggestions, Ideas, Etc. that You Submit
Any comments, suggestions, ideas or other submissions that you provide to Belk by using the Platforms or which are otherwise provided to Belk in connection with your use of the Platforms will become Belk's property. The act of providing any such comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or materials constitutes an assignment to Belk of all worldwide right, title and interest, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in the material and information you provide to Belk. Belk will be under no obligation to use any idea, submission or suggestion provided by you in any way or to respond to any such idea, submission or suggestion.
No information, material, or comment provided to Belk by you through the Platforms may contain vulgar, obscene, threatening or otherwise unlawful language or material.
Belk Social Networking Community Policy
- USE GOOD JUDGEMENT. You are personally responsible for what you put out there, and some things you may be tempted to post may violate laws or even cause you to be sued by others. Belk is not responsible or liable for what you or anyone else posts on our sites and programs.
- BE POLITE AND RESPECTFUL. DO NO HARM. Do not curse, threaten, name call, belittle, ridicule, embarrass, humiliate, harass, insult, or make rude or joking comments or slurs about a person's gender, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, military status or any other negative comments about their protected class.
- RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE. Do not pick fights or use our Platforms to carry out a personal agenda not related to the fashion or retail world. This is not the appropriate place for debate of controversial political or social issues.
- NO SOLICITATION. Do not use these sites to solicit funds, advertise your services or goods for sale, promote business for a third party, or any other commercial purpose.
- NO OBJECTIONABLE MATERIAL. No nude, semi-nude or sexually oriented words, pictures, jokes, cartoons or videos of yourself or others. No material that targets any protected classes, such as jokes about a person's gender, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, military status.
- NO MATERIAL THAT COULD HARM THE SITE OR THE COMPUTERS OF OTHERS. No spam, chain letters, video's, U-Tube clips, or chain jokes, and no material that may have imbedded a virus, worm, corrupted files, Trojan horses, malware, spyware or any other device aimed at damaging computers, collecting data, etc.
- GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. Do not attach or imbed any text, logo, video, songs, pictures, drawings, etc. or any other material as if it is your own which may be protected by a copyright, trade secret, or any other rights of ownership not belonging to you unless you have written, signed and dated permission by the owner, and you acknowledge the true owner in your post.
- BE CONFIDENTIAL REGARDING YOURSELF, AND OTHERS. Never post a social security number, a credit card number, birthday, telephone number, first or last name, address, email address, password, or any other information someone could use for identity theft.
- THESE BELK SITES AND PROGRAMS ARE PUBLIC, NOT PRIVATE. What you decide to post will be open to public view and considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You and you alone are responsible for what you say, for the protection of your private information and for safeguarding your thoughts, ideas and creations. If you do not want the world to see it, or others including Belk to use it without restriction and without compensation to you, then don't post it with us.
- OFFENSIVE, OUT-DATED OR IRRELEVANT MATERIAL. While it would be impossible to monitor every post and respond to every comment, Belk reserves the right and discretion to remove any offensive, outdated or irrelevant material posted to its sites at any time, for any reason, without notice, and to suspend or ban a user who violates these guidelines.
- OBEY THE LAWS. In the event of suspected unlawful conduct using Belk social media sites or programs, Belk will report the conduct to the appropriate authorities and cooperate in their investigation or prosecution of criminal wrong-doing.
- REPOSTING. Do not repost messages that have been removed from the site.
Belk Gift Card and Promotional Card Terms and Conditions
- About Your Card. The Cards are issued by Issuer. Issuer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Gift Card program. Issuer is the sole legal obligor to the Cardholder; provided, however, that Issuer may assign its obligations with respect to the Card at any time, in which case such assignee shall become the Issuer and sole legal obligor to the Cardholder. Issuer’s affiliates and related entities (including without limitation Belk) bear no responsibility or liability for any Cards, and you hereby knowingly release Issuer’s affiliates and related entities (including without limitation Belk) from any and all liability or claims of any nature whatsoever arising in connection with the Card. Gift Cards can be purchased at Belk Stores, online at Belk.com or from authorized third-party distributors. Gift Cards are not debit or credit cards. Promotional Cards are not gift cards, and may be distributed at Issuer’s discretion in connection with promotional, incentive, loyalty or rewards programs operated by Issuer or its affiliates.
- Not for Promotional Use. Gift Cards may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities (including without limitation via websites, Internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts) unless you obtain Issuer’s prior written approval. Such approval may be conditioned on, among other things, execution of and compliance with Issuer’s standard Gift Card license agreement.
- Not for Resale. 1. Gift Card is valid only if obtained at a Belk store, online at Belk.com or from authorized third-party distributors. Gift Card is not valid and will not be honored, and Issuer will not be liable, if obtained from unauthorized sellers or resellers, including through Internet auction sites.
- Transferability. 1. Gift Cards may be given as gifts. Promotional Cards are non-transferable.
- Balance Inquiry. For balance inquiry, visit Belk.com or call 1-800-474-6102. The balance you receive when inquiring over the telephone or online is an estimate only. In most cases, the balance is adjusted immediately when you make a purchase, but there may be occasions when the balance adjustment is delayed.
- a. Gift Cards do not expire. No fees for inactivity or service fees apply. Issuer reserves the right to refuse to honor any Gift Card in the event of a disputed credit card charge, bounced check or other failure of consideration.
- b. Promotional Cards may contain expiration dates in Issuer’s discretion. Please refer to the terms of the specific Promotional Card.
- Redemption. 1. You can use your Belk Card at any Belk location and online at Belk.com. Cards have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash (except as required by law). Cards are not redeemable to purchase another Gift Card or towards previously purchased goods or services. Cards cannot be used to pay on your Belk charge account.
- Reloadable. Gift Cards may be reloaded with value only at a Belk store. Gift Cards are not reloadable on Belk.com.
- No Refunds. No refunds are permitted for purchases of Gift Cards.
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards. Lost, stolen or damaged Cards will not be replaced or credited to any account. Cards should be safeguarded accordingly.
- Cards Used Without Authorization. Cards that have been used without Cardholder’s authorization will not be replaced.
- Limitation of Liability. ISSUER AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO CARDS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT THAT A CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH CARD. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Governing Law. The laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, shall govern this Agreement and use of your Card.
- Changes to Agreement. Issuer reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time in its discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement at http://www.belk.com/giftcardterms.
- Fraud. Issuer reserves the right to refuse to honor a Card where Issuer suspects that the Card was obtained fraudulently.
Belk Gift Card and Promotional Card Terms and Conditions
Belk electronic Gift Cards (“e-Gift Cards”) and Belk electronic Promotional Cards (“e-Promotional Cards” and, collectively with e-Gift Cards, referenced as “e-Cards”) are distributed by CashStar Inc., a Delaware corporation (“CashStar”). The remainder of these Supplemental Terms and Conditions for Electronic Cards (the “Supplemental CashStar Terms”) relate specifically to Belk e-Cards purchased through CashStar. CashStar reserves the right to change these Supplemental CashStar Terms from time to time in its discretion.
- E-Gift Card Purchase. Belk e-Gift Cards are available for purchase here. No fees of any kind will be imposed on purchasers or recipients of e-Gift Cards in connection with the sale of e-Gift Cards. Total purchases of Belk e-Gift Cards for any one individual may not exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) in one calendar day.
- Risk of Loss of e-Cards. Ownership and risk of loss of e-Cards passes to the purchaser as soon as CashStar sends its confirmation to the recipient. Neither CashStar nor the Issuer is responsible for lost or stolen e-Cards. If you have any questions, please see the FAQs.
- E-Card Customer Service. If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, ownership, or use of your e-Card, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your e-Card, contact Customer Support immediately.
- Delivery Information and Requirements for e-Gift Card Purchasers. All orders of e-Gift Cards are subject to a process that compares purchaser information provided on the Belk.cashstar.com web site with information about the purchaser provided by the purchaser's financial institution. If there is a discrepancy, your e-Gift Card order may be delayed until it can be corrected. If you have concerns about your order, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address. Neither CashStar nor the Issuer is responsible for e-Cards that are undeliverable or not received due to your failure to enter an accurate email address for the recipient. Please check to make sure the address of the recipient is correct and contact Customer Support if you suspect the recipient did not receive his/her e-Card.
- Reasons for Failed Delivery of e-Cards. E-Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the e-Card has not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
- a. Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
- b. Recipient's firewall blocked the email
- c. Email inbox is over size limit
- d. Invalid email address
- Personalized E-Gift Card Messaging. If you wish to add a personal message to an e-Gift Card, simply type your message in the Message field during the purchase process. Personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the e-Gift Card. There is no additional charge to include a personalized message. If CashStar finds inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages, it reserves the right to cancel them.
- CashStar Limitation of Liability. CASHSTAR AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO E-CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF AN E- CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH E-CARD. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.