Updated as of August 12, 2017
Welcome to Belk, belk.com, Belk tablet and smartphone apps.
Use of Our Platforms, Belk's License to You to Use belk.com
Belk, Inc., along with its subsidiaries ("Belk"), jointly grant you permission to view and use the Platforms and to print individual pages from any Platform for your personal, non-commercial use.
Product Information and Ordering from the Platforms Unless indicated otherwise, most products featured on the Platforms will be available in selected Belk stores while supplies last. Not every item in a Belk store is offered for sale on the Platforms. The prices displayed on our Platforms are quoted in U.S. dollars and are valid and effective only in the United States. When ordering from the Platforms, please follow all ordering instructions carefully.
Prices may vary across Belk-affiliated channels (i.e., Belk stores, belk.com, Belk app for iPhone, Belk app for Android, Belk tablet app). It is our goal to display the most accurate prices possible; however, if you notice an inconsistency, please consult belk.com.
Belk has made a conscientious effort to display its products on the Platforms accurately so that you can get a good idea of the color, design, texture, sizes, look and configuration of the product featured. However, the detail and accuracy of the image of products that you see as a visitor to the Platforms will depend on a number of things, including your computer equipment and Internet connections. Consequently, Belk cannot and does not guarantee that the product images available to you on its website are accurate in every detail.
Purchasing from the Platforms
Most of the products featured on the Platforms can be purchased by you online. When ordering, please follow the instructions carefully. If you ever have a question about any order you have made from the Platforms please contact Belk by email under "Contact Us" on our Customer Service page on any Platform or by phone at 1-866-235-5443.
Belk will send you a confirmation email of any order you place on the Platforms; however, your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not necessarily signify Belk's acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of Belk's offer to sell. Belk reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Belk reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Belk may require additional verifications or information before accepting your order. Belk is a seller to end user customers and does not accept orders from exporters, wholesalers, or other customers who intend to resell the products offered by Belk.
Belk will automatically charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within the following states: AL, AR, CT, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NC, NY, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WV. Each customer will be solely responsible for all sales taxes, use taxes or other taxes on orders shipped to any other state.
South Carolina residents who are age 85 or older are entitled to a 1% South Carolina state sales tax reduction if requested on items purchased for personal use. Upon customer request, Belk will accommodate the sales tax reduction after the transaction is completed on any Platform. Please call 1-866-235-5443 to request the sales tax reduction. Be prepared to reference your order number and provide proof of your age.
Belk Owns the Contents of the Platforms
Disclaimer. Users assume all responsibility and risk for the use of the Platforms and the Internet generally. All information and materials provided on the Platforms are provided "as is," without any express or implied warranty or representation of any kind, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of intellectual property. You acknowledge, by your use of the Platforms, that your use is solely at your own risk. In no event will Belk be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, any special, indirect or consequential damages or damages resulting from loss of use of data, or profits, or business interruption) arising out of the use of or inability to use the content of the Platforms or any website linked thereto, even if Belk has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Belk does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, and other items contained on the Platforms. This disclaimer does not apply to any product warranty offered by the manufacturer of the item. Warranty information regarding any products offered for sale on the Platforms is available through the vendor/manufacturer that made the product. Please contact the vendor/manufacturer for any questions or concerns. Thank you. This section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.
Limitation of Liability. In no event will Belk’s, or any of our employees, directors, officers, or agents be liable to any party for any general, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages for use of the Platforms including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement, business interruptions, loss of data or damages resulting from, arising out of, or in any way connected with the use of or inability to use the Platforms or reliance on the content in the Platforms. This limitation of liability applies to all claims based in law, equity, contract, negligence, strict liability, tort, or otherwise. This section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain damages, so the above may not apply to you. If any authority holds any portion of this section to be unenforceable, then liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Indemnification by You
The Platforms are controlled and operated by Belk from its offices in Charlotte, North Carolina. This agreement will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to any conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising by virtue of your use of the Platforms or any material found thereon will be resolved exclusively by, and you hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of, the state and federal courts in the State of North Carolina.
When placing an order on the Platforms once you click submit we are unable to cancel your order at that time. However, once you have received your order, if you are in any way dissatisfied, you can choose one of our two easy and convenient ways to make a return. Please see our Return Policy to find out which way is best for you.
Any product rebate offer given to you with your purchase is provided by the manufacturer, not Belk. The manufacturer is responsible for any terms and conditions and effective dates of the rebate offer. Please note: It is standard to provide a proof of purchase and the Universal Product Code from the original packaging and postage before you will receive redemption of any rebate offer provided by the manufacturer.
At Belk, it is our goal to make sure our pricing is accurate at all times. However, in the event there is a pricing or product description error, Belk reserves the right to fix any of these inaccuracies. To find out more, please see our Pricing Policy.
By sharing photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest with the hashtag #BelkYes, by responding to Belk photo rights request with the hashtag #BelkYes, you are agreeing to the following:
As between you and us, you own all content and information you post or share using the Site (referred to as "User Content"), such as posting or sharing comments, photos, and videos. Site includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media channels.
You grant permission to Belk for a perpetual license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the Site and for other Belk marketing purposes, including but not limited to the Platforms, catalogs, email, and other customer communications, store materials, social media, and other marketing. Belk may display advertisements in connection with your User Content or on pages where your User Content may be viewed by you or others, and we may use your User Content to advertise and promote Belk. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. Our license to your User Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world. Finally, our license is perpetual, meaning that our license lasts for an indefinite period of time.
You promise that: You own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give Belk the rights described above; you have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of your User Content; and your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
Belk may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason, as well as remove User Content from the Site for any reason.
Belk Owns Information, Suggestions, Ideas, Etc. that You Submit
Any comments, suggestions, ideas or other submissions that you provide to Belk by using the Platforms or which are otherwise provided to Belk in connection with your use of the Platforms will become Belk's property. The act of providing any such comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or materials constitutes an assignment to Belk of all worldwide right, title and interest, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in the material and information you provide to Belk. Belk will be under no obligation to use any idea, submission or suggestion provided by you in any way or to respond to any such idea, submission or suggestion.
No information, material, or comment provided to Belk by you through the Platforms may contain vulgar, obscene, threatening or otherwise unlawful language or material.
Belk Social Networking Community Policy
- USE GOOD JUDGEMENT. You are personally responsible for what you put out there, and some things you may be tempted to post may violate laws or even cause you to be sued by others. Belk is not responsible or liable for what you or anyone else posts on our sites and programs.
- BE POLITE AND RESPECTFUL. DO NO HARM. Do not curse, threaten, name call, belittle, ridicule, embarrass, humiliate, harass, insult, or make rude or joking comments or slurs about a person's gender, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, military status or any other negative comments about their protected class.
- RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE. Do not pick fights or use our Platforms to carry out a personal agenda not related to the fashion or retail world. This is not the appropriate place for debate of controversial political or social issues.
- NO SOLICITATION. Do not use these sites to solicit funds, advertise your services or goods for sale, promote business for a third party, or any other commercial purpose.
- NO OBJECTIONABLE MATERIAL. No nude, semi-nude or sexually oriented words, pictures, jokes, cartoons or videos of yourself or others. No material that targets any protected classes, such as jokes about a person's gender, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, military status.
- NO MATERIAL THAT COULD HARM THE SITE OR THE COMPUTERS OF OTHERS. No spam, chain letters, video's, U-Tube clips, or chain jokes, and no material that may have imbedded a virus, worm, corrupted files, Trojan horses, malware, spyware or any other device aimed at damaging computers, collecting data, etc.
- GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. Do not attach or imbed any text, logo, video, songs, pictures, drawings, etc. or any other material as if it is your own which may be protected by a copyright, trade secret, or any other rights of ownership not belonging to you unless you have written, signed and dated permission by the owner, and you acknowledge the true owner in your post.
- BE CONFIDENTIAL REGARDING YOURSELF, AND OTHERS. Never post a social security number, a credit card number, birthday, telephone number, first or last name, address, email address, password, or any other information someone could use for identity theft.
- THESE BELK SITES AND PROGRAMS ARE PUBLIC, NOT PRIVATE. What you decide to post will be open to public view and considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You and you alone are responsible for what you say, for the protection of your private information and for safeguarding your thoughts, ideas and creations. If you do not want the world to see it, or others including Belk to use it without restriction and without compensation to you, then don't post it with us.
- OFFENSIVE, OUT-DATED OR IRRELEVANT MATERIAL. While it would be impossible to monitor every post and respond to every comment, Belk reserves the right and discretion to remove any offensive, outdated or irrelevant material posted to its sites at any time, for any reason, without notice, and to suspend or ban a user who violates these guidelines.
- OBEY THE LAWS. In the event of suspected unlawful conduct using Belk social media sites or programs, Belk will report the conduct to the appropriate authorities and cooperate in their investigation or prosecution of criminal wrong-doing.
- REPOSTING. Do not repost messages that have been removed from the site.